Other Training and Assessments
Controlled Airspace Endorsement (RPCA)
The RPCA forms part of the RPL and PPL at Smartair, however the training is available for those RPL and PPL who have not completed the endorsement as part of their flight training.
The endorsement allows the pilot to fly into Class Charlie and Delta controlled airspace, expanding the list of airports you can travel to across Australia.
The training includes Air Law theory and a series of flights departing from Albury into Canberra and Essendon and concludes with an assessment flight.
Note: This is currently not available for RAAus Pilots.
Aviation English Language Proficiency Testing (AELP)
Smartair is able to conduct and submit AELP assessments.
The aviation English language proficiency (AELP) assesses your verbal proficiency in English and aviation terminology which is required to use an aeronautical radio.
Requirements to hold an AELP:
You will need to hold a current AELP to get your:
- recreational pilot licence (RPL) with a flight radio endorsement
- private pilot licence (PPL)
- commercial pilot licence (CPL)
- air transport pilot licence (ATPL)
- flight engineer licence (FEL)
- air traffic controller (ATC) licence.
You will also need an AELP if you're:
- transferring an overseas licence (unless you hold an ICAO ELP assessment on your foreign licence)
- applying for an Australian licence based on an Australian military flight crew qualification.
An administration fee will apply for Pilots or Student Pilots who are not Smartair students engaged in RPL, PPL or CPL programs.
For further information, please refer to the CASA website: